Is it ok to mix organic sulfur with water stored in a copper pitcher?


Copper PitcherCustomer asks, “Do you have any knowledge about using copper-treated water, that is, water that has sat in a copper pitcher overnight, for ingesting MSM?”

While your question has not been posed before by other sulfur study members, based on my research, I would strongly refrain from using water that’s been stored in a copper pitcher. Copper and organic sulfur react to form copper sulfate, which in the past was used to induce vomiting but is now considered too toxic for this purpose.

For instance, here is what Wikipedia has to say about copper sulfate:

“Copper sulfate is an irritant…Skin contact may result in itching or eczema. Eye contact with copper sulfate can cause conjunctivitis, inflammation of the eyelid lining, ulceration, and clouding of the cornea.

Upon oral exposure, copper sulfate is moderately toxic. According to studies, the lowest dose of copper sulfate that had a toxic impact on humans is 11 mg/kg. Because of its irritating effect on the gastrointestinal tract, vomiting is automatically triggered in case of the ingestion of copper sulfate. However, if copper sulfate is retained in the stomach, the symptoms can be severe. After 1–12 grams of copper sulfate are swallowed, such poisoning signs may occur as a metallic taste in the mouth, burning pain in the chest, nausea, diarrhea, vomiting, headache, discontinued urination, which leads to yellowing of the skin. In cases of copper sulfate poisoning, injury to the brain, stomach, liver, or kidneys may also occur.”

If you need further confirmation, you can test the chemical reaction of organic sulfur as follows: Mix a teaspoon of the crystals in hot water sourced from your copper pitcher and pour off the top 90 percent of the dissolved liquid. Let the remainder evaporate overnight and observe the high water mark on your pitcher. If you notice tiny, dried crystals that have a pale green, grey-white, or bright blue appearance, then the result is the formation of copper sulfate.

Tags: , , , , , ,

2 Responses to “Is it ok to mix organic sulfur with water stored in a copper pitcher?”

  1. judy beasley Says:

    Please advise if I can make sulfur water in a pitcher made for flavor infusion pitcher, it is an acrylic pitcher?

  2. admin Says:

    While I don’t own one of these infusion pitchers, if it’s BPA-free and doesn’t react chemically with water, I would conclude that it’s safe to use as a container for your organic sulfur beverage.

Leave a Reply

        
Translate »